Why the Rock Counseling Group
At The Rock Counseling Group, we approach your care differently. The Rock Difference is something we strive for and take pride in:
- The Rock is the preferred provider in the Champaign-Urbana area for counseling, therapy, and consultation services for children, adolescents, couples, and families.
- The Rock was voted Best Therapy Service/Practice by The News-Gazette's "The People's Choice Awards" three years running—2018, 2019, and 2020.
- The Rock is committed to providing dignified, respectful, quality mental health, counseling, therapy, and wellness support services to our clients and community now and for the foreseeable future by our established, skilled staff.
- The Rock is local. We know the issues that impact you in your community. We give back and provide financial support to worthwhile causes in your community.
- The Rock works collaboratively with local individuals, families, schools, and community partners as a multi-specialty private mental health and wellness group.
The Rock was established by RJ and Staci McNicholl--a married couple who both have their LCSWs and almost 50 years of experience between them--in 2009 because they had a vision of how mental health care ought to be done—with a focus on dignity, respect, and individualized care.
The Rock designs therapy around your needs and your schedule. Your time, your location, your schedule—telehealth/video sessions allow therapy to happen anywhere, anytime, anyplace.
The Rock provides top-notch, skilled services in many specialty areas, including executive development and coaching, eating disorder treatment, solution-focused mediation, pornography/sex addiction, therapy for college students, risk assessment for suicide/self-harm, and clinical LCSW or LCPC supervision in the state of Illinois.